Funding has been secured from the Integrated Care Fund to provide a Hub through the extension and refurbishment of the existing facilities at Rhydypennau Library. The project will expand the use of the library to meet the needs of the community and help to secure the ongoing sustainability of this valuable facility.
Public consultation on the proposed Hub took place in February 2019. The conceptual designs were presented to the general public and updated to reflect the views of those residents that took part. The local residents demonstrated a high level of support for the proposals and welcomed the refurbishment.
The works will include:
· A new frontage and entrance lobby
· Accessible parking and ramp leading to the entrance
· An extension to accommodate a new multi-use community room
· A new reception desk
· A dementia friendly internal redecoration throughout the public space
· Upgraded public toilets
· Installation of a new projector, screen and sound system
· And, improved IT facilities and Wifi coverage
What's Happening Now?
The Rhydypennau Library is currently closed whilst works are undertaken by Knox and Wells. The Covid-19 pandemic has inevitably delayed the scheme due to working restriction, limited supplies and resources. However, we are aiming to complete the project and open the facility to the general public in late summer/early autumn of 2020.
For further information please contact Chris Probert at email@example.com or 07976003032