Llanishen Park Improvement Project
Cardiff Council are proposing to make improvements to Llanishen Park as part of the Neighbourhood Renewal Scheme Programme, which takes forward improvement schemes suggested by local Councillors. The aim of the project is to encourage greater use of the park to improve the health and well-being of the local community.
It is hoped that the works will start on site in early 2021.
During the public consultation last summer many excellent suggestions for improvements were received and we were able to secure additional funding from Welsh Government to support the proposals.
The following improvements will be implemented:
• Footpath upgrades – Increase the width of the main paths and re-surface. Plus necessary drainage works.
• Playground Improvements – installation of new play equipment and necessary drainage works.
• New benches and bins
• Outdoor gym trail equipment
• Nature trail through the woodland area and an outdoor classroom.
• Improvements to all entrance gates including new signage and artwork.
• Provision of security measures around the changing rooms to tackle on-going issues of anti-social behaviour.
What’s Happening Now?
The plans can be viewed by clicking the images to the right.